Friday

12BET EPL NEWS Update 10/7

Wigan Athletic
 Shaun Maloney is enjoying his new life at Wigan and is anxious to secure a regular first-team spot. The Scotland forward joined Latics in a £1m move from Celtic on transfer deadline day in August. The 28-year-old, who has made two substitute appearances in the Barclays Premier League since his signing, hopes to establish himself south of the border after a previously unsuccessful spell at Aston Villa. Maloney said: "I'm thoroughly enjoying it at the club and I am totally settled. I'm training hard and just want to do my best for the club. My fitness was lacking a little bit when I first came here and I didn't really get a great pre-season, but I'm catching up quickly and I just want to push for a place in the line-up as I'm desperate to do my bit for the club." 

Arsenal

 Arsenal have made a wretched start to the season and lie 15th in the Barclays Premier League, piling the pressure on Arsene Wenger, who had already gone six years without winning a trophy. But Gunners star Jack Wilshere said: "We do get a harder time from the critics than most teams but we haven't won anything for six years and that's not good enough for Arsenal. It is harsh, though, especially on the boss. He has been there for 15 years and been great for Arsenal. The criticism Arsene gets is just a joke. We started a bit slowly but we still feel we can finish in the top four."
Manchester united
 Sir Alex Ferguson has tipped Wayne Rooney to eclipse Sir Bobby Charlton as the club's all-time record scorer. After having doubts over the Red Devils' future dispelled by Ferguson last term, and then signing a new five-year contract, Rooney has been a much more settled figure. The 25-year-old is presently ninth on the list, with 156 - 93 behind Charlton, who amassed an impressive 247 before his 17-year stint with the club ended in 1973. Ferguson can see no reason why the gap cannot be bridged and he told Inside United: "I do (think he can eclipse that feat). He is only 25 years of age, so you'd think he has at least another five years in him at the very top level. And if he looks after himself like Ryan Giggs has done, he could play well into his 30s. The opportunity is there and time is on his side. He's raced out of the blocks already this season and I hope he could get up to around the 30 mark."

Newcastle United

0 comments:

Post a Comment