Sunday

12BET news update 10/9

Johnson eyes United match 

Liverpool defender Glen Johnson is hoping to be fit to face Manchester United.

The full-back wants to be part of the Reds' matchday squad for their Barclays Premier League meeting with Sir Alex Ferguson's men on 15th October as he continues his recovery from a hamstring problem.
Having originally picked up the injury in a pre-season friendly against Valencia, Johnson aggravated it when making his comeback appearance as a substitute in the defeat to Stoke City on 10th September.

The England international has not featured since, but now has his sights set on the Barclays Premier League leaders' visit to Anfield."I'm feeling good at the moment and I've been doing plenty of running," Johnson told the official club website."I've just started doing ball work outside in training so I reckon it won't be too long now."I'm working hard and it would be nice to be back in the squad for the Man United game. Hopefully I can make the bench anyway, so fingers crossed."- by http://www.premierleague.com

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment