Friday

Wigan snap up winger Beausejour




Wigan Athletic have completed the signing of winger Jean Beausejour from Championship side Birmingham City for an undisclosed fee. The 27-year-old passed a medical at the DW Stadium on Wednesday and put pen to paper on a two-and-a-half year contract. Beausejour has won 43 international caps for Chile and scored the winner in the World Cup 2010 group match against Honduras in South Africa.

"[Manager] Roberto [Martinez] told me about the plans he has for the club and I am really excited to join and meet my team-mates," Beausejour told the club's official website. "We have a really tough end of the season, but I am really looking forward to the challenge ahead.

"I want to thank all the supporters at Birmingham and now I have to concentrate on getting in the team and doing my best for Wigan Athletic. Latics boss Martinez added: "Jean is a player we have been tracking for a long time since he made a huge impression on us with his role for Chile in the World Cup. "Now Jean has 18 months of experience in the British game and his dynamism, technical ability and tactical concepts will bring a different dimension into our squad.- http://www.premierleague.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment